spacerspacer

The Modern Mix Tape

Announcements
redline

Welcome to SmartPlaylists.com!

This is a resource for creating, sharing, and chatting about iTunes Smart Playlists.

See these faq's for more information:

What is a Smart Playlist?
How to create a Smart Playlist

by dfbills on Oct 01 | 12:00 am
redline

Comments

rock on!

by nate on Sep 10 | 8:13 pm

HI Peeps:-)
I probably sound well dense but having just got my much wanted ipod for xmas, I am having trouble understanding how to work it. My other half has managed to put a load of random music files onto it with no order and I cannot figure out how to delete them from the actual ipod. Managed to delete them from library on itunes.
Also any advice on how to get files stored under a genre and album for example?
Why does it not come with a book telling you what you need to know????
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

by keltikween on Dec 26 | 6:07 pm

I hope I am not asking a question that has been answered. If so, sorry.

I am tired of making playlists for every album and would like to make this process automatic.
Thanks for any help you may have to offer.
BMuir@aol.com

by BMuir on Jan 23 | 10:24 pm

Try this guy out. He has some great stuff.

by Chris Henley on Jun 13 | 1:56 pm

To BMuir: why would you want to make a playlist of each album? You can find each album and play it in its entirety or select what track(s) you want to play by using the "browse" button in the upper right hand corner of iTunes. Then, if you do want to make a playlist of that album, it's very easy.

by Crimson on Jun 25 | 8:09 am

Just wanted to say that I thought that I knew all that there was to know about iTunes playlists but then I found this site and realised just how little I do know.

Keep up the excellent work guys . . .

by Fat Fingers on Dec 30 | 11:50 am

keltikween,

"My other half has managed to put a load of random music files onto it with no order and I cannot figure out how to delete them from the actual ipod. Managed to delete them from library on itunes."

Okay, what you want to do is take all the music you *do* want on your iPod and put it into a playlist. Then when your iPod is connected, click on it, and you'll see the summary screen to the right. Choose the "music" tab, and click on the "selected playlists" button. And choose whatever playlists (ie: the one you just made) you want on it. That will put your songs, and only your songs, on the iPod.

"Also any advice on how to get files stored under a genre and album for example?"

Not entirely sure what you're asking. your iPod will automatically sort the songs by genre and/or album if you want it to. If you don't see that option on your iPod's main screen, scroll down to "settings" then "Main Menu" and turn album and genre ON. You'll then be able to select by those in the future.

"Why does it not come with a book telling you what you need to know????"

A fine question.

BMuir,

"Question is: Can I set itunes to automatically put all the songs from an album into a playlist?"

Well, you might be putting in more effort than you need to. See what I just wrote above about how you can view any song in your iPod by album. So to load the songs, just select every album you might want to hear and stuff 'em all into a playlist and add that playlist to your iPod. They'll show up under the "albums" category.

by limbodog on Sep 30 | 8:27 am

You must be logged in to post comments.

USERS
  Log-In

try this
red line

comments
red line

red line