spacerspacer

shuffle podcasts?

Questions
redline

Hi--I'm new to this forum. I have a lot of NPR non-music podcasts. Whenever I play one in iTunes, it stops when it's over. I would like to go to the next one--preferably shuffling randomly. I thought the problem would be solved when i created a SPL of the podcasts I wanted to shuffle, but I still have to select one from the list, either on the computer or on the iPod, and then it just stops. I would like to automatically play another, especially when I'm driving! Any suggestions? Thanks!

by BTG on Aug 18, 07 | 1:36 am
redline

Comments

It seems that the shuffling works fine on my iTunes 7.3.2 in both regular and smartplaylists. The podcasts play and continue to the next selection without pausing.

They do stop, however, if I'm listening to them in the "Podcasts" section.

by dfbills on Aug 18, 07 | 10:08 am

right. shuffle works fine for songs. Not at all for podcasts. Does anyone have a workaround for iTunes 7.3.2 ?

by BTG on Aug 18, 07 | 10:47 am

Ah- I see what you are talking about. I didn't actually shuffle. They play fine when not shuffling. Podcasts do seem to be handled strangely in iTunes.

by dfbills on Aug 18, 07 | 12:35 pm

I believe you may have "skip when shuffling" on your podcasts. Get Info on some of them and check the Options tab.

I'm not sure how you could set it to automatically uncheck that on new podcasts, though, which sort of defeats the purpose. Perhaps with an applescript or an automator workflow.

by Matthew Glover on Aug 18, 07 | 2:04 pm

Eureka! I found the answer at http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=4683740�

In my podcasts section (i also could've used my podcast SPL) I selected everything, then Apple-I for get info. At the bottom I checked "Skip When Shuffling-NO." Now I have continuous play. I suspect I may have to do this to new additions to the SPL.

by BTG on Aug 18, 07 | 2:04 pm

thanks. You wrote when I was writing.

Another question. If I put the SPLs and regular PLs into a folder in iTunes, can I then drag that folder to the iPod for a manual update with one drag instead of many?

by BTG on Aug 18, 07 | 2:15 pm

You must be logged in to post comments.

USERS
  Log-In

try this
red line

comments
red line

red line