spacerspacer

Recenty added albums?

Questions
redline

I'm an iTunes novice, so I'm not sure if this is possible. I'm looking for a way to see a list of recently added albums. I'm not interested in individual tracks, just artist/album names.

by barry on Dec 24, 06 | 12:20 pm
redline

Comments

Everything is iTunes is based on the unit of tracks. You might be able to get all the tracks of those new albums, but they will always have to be represented by at least one track on in iTunes.

You might have a look at the "Browser View."

by dfbills on Dec 31, 06 | 10:39 pm

I thought as much. Browser view is fine in iTunes, but does me no good in my iPod.

Thanks anyway,
Barry

by barry on Jan 01, 07 | 2:43 pm

If you're on a mac, you might be able to a do an applescript workaround..

by dfbills on Jan 01, 07 | 11:34 pm

I made my own recently-added album smart playlist to fix this problem. It's not that great, but it's the best I could do with five minutes without poring over AppleScript stuff.

My smart playlist, "Unlistened," is:

Match all of the following rules:
Play Count is 0
Track Number is 1

This works on the assumption that, if I haven't heard the first track of an album, I haven't listened to the album. If you want to listen to the whole album, as I usually do, you just have to make note of which album the track's from, and then play it. I would like to refine it further with some more robust AppleScripting that would let me directly play all the albums, but that is forthcoming.

by momomoto on May 07, 07 | 7:11 am

This respnse is late to the party, but...

Ipods can sort and display albums and artists by Genre. I used to have a genre that I called "AA New Albums" (The AA set the genre to be at the top of the Genre list of my iPod). Whenever I added a new album that I wanted to listen to in it's entirety, I used this "AA New Albums" genre tag. Then, when I access Genre's on my iPod it shows the new albums listed by artist and, if there are more than one under that artist, it even sorts by release.

After they've been on for awhile, I change the genre to whatever it actually should be, and it melts into the regular listings.

I used this for almost a year, but abandoned it once I started creating more sophisticated SPLs based on types of music. Otherwise, it works exactly as needed if you want to see newly added albums.

by jasn on Oct 23, 07 | 8:27 pm

You must be logged in to post comments.

USERS
  Log-In

try this
red line

comments
red line

red line